Thursday, February 08, 2007

A God who reconciles

It's strange.
In the last one month, 4 of my friendships suddenly resolved themselves. I had nothing to do with it. Really!
1. M. who i had lost touch with for about 4 yrs. I was insensitive to her feelings and she had hung up on me. I tried to apologise many times but she never returned my calls. I spied her coming down the escalator at the hypermarket. She smiled at me and that was all the encouragement i needed! We exchanged handphone numbers again. She had lost her phone a couple of times (it appears she never received my messages).

2. J. one of my favourite students who dropped out of my bible class wrote me an email apologizing for quitting the way he did. That incident had made it a little awkward for us to be around each other. I asked him to forgive me too.

3. S. who warmly responded to my New Year wishes after i had given up on us remaining friends. She even gave me her new email address to keep in touch! I am absolutely relieved I am still her friend!

4. L. who didn't say goodbye when she suddenly left the house we were renting together nearly 3 years ago. That really gave me grief because we got along quite well.
L. tells me it must be God who is tying up some loose ends for me. Like prophet Elisha who settled his personal affairs before he accepted his new commission.

Honestly i don't know whether this means i am moving on but I do know it HAS to be God because i asked Him to fix my broken relationships. It's bad testimony for those of us who are supposed to be in the business of reconciling people back to Him! There are a couple more.... but God knows when and how.

No comments: